NOVA STEEL INC.
Honeycomb structures are used extensively in aircraft construction to save weight. Honeycomb core made with fireproof Nomex® is coated with a phenolic resin to increase strength properties. (Nomex® is the registered brand name of a flame retardant material by DuPont.) Nomex honeycomb core has high strength-to-weight and rigidity-to-weight ratios, high thermal tolerance, excellent corrosion resistance, and confirms to rigid smoke toxicity and flammability standards.
Thermal tolerance to 325°F
Denisities range from 1.5 to 12 pcf
High wet strength and corrosion resistance
Conforms to rigid smoke toxicity and flammability standards
Good fatigue and impact resistance
Thickness: .080" up to 36"
Length: Any up to 144"
Width: Up to 60"
APPLICATIONS FOR NOMEX® HONEYCOMB CORE INCLUDE:
- Interior aircraft panels including flooring, sidewalls, ceilings, galleys and lavatories
- Exterior aircraft panels including trailing and leading edges, flaps, ailerons, access panels and doors
- Ship and boat panels such as those dividing berthing areas and staterooms
- Pleasure and racing boat hulls
- Celilings, walls, and floors of portable structures.
NOVA STEEL, INC. AND NOMEX®
Nova Steel has begun to supply various government and military branches with Nomex® composite materials used in various aerospace applications. To view some of the many applications your company may benefit please click here for more information.